It happens on the 15th September and will certainly be a lot of fun, not to mention a spot of madness on the way – KTM Duke style.
Also get in touch with www.radmoto.co.za if you need to find out more.
It’s that time of the year again! We’ll be riding to raise much needed funds for the Quadpara Association Of South
What’s the Event all about?
People from all walks of life ride from Carnival City in JHB to Richards Bay – in the dirt.
Motorcycles, quads, buggy’s, Adventure bikes and side by sides.
It is not a race – it’s a great big social adventure! 1000 KM’s of fun!
A portion of each entry fee is donated to QASA and teams raise funds individually.
Over the last 13 years, the event has donated significant funds for QASA’s projects, wheelchairs and even a Toyota Quantum van for
use by QASA. In these tough economic times, we are going to do a huge drive to see what we can do for 2017.
Who is QASA?
The QuadPara Association of South Africa (QASA) is an NPO of quadriplegics and paraplegics with the vision that all quadriplegics
and paraplegics live their lives to their full potential. QASA provides products, projects and services, as well as lobby, advocacy and
prevention programs to ensure their vision, mission and goals are achieved. One of QASA’s main focus areas is skills development
and capacity building. With limited access to education and the formal labour market, and in many cases reliant on government’s
disability grant of R1 500.00 per month, quadriplegics and paraplegics are often left with little choice but to be dependent on family
members for a home.
QASA’s solution is to provide meaningful projects and services to develop, mobilize and empower quadriplegics and paraplegics.
They need a hand.
You can either donate funds directly to QASA or you can help us to fund the event, which in turn means, that we can
donate more to QASA.
How can you help?
Guys it’s easy:
- Make a donation directly to QASA, please visit their website for details: www.qasa.co.za
(QASA, Nedbank Pinetown Acc No: 1339 473267 Branch Code: 133 926)
- All donations are accountable and will be receipted and can add to your company BBBEE score card and tax exemption
(Section 18A). No amount is too small – it all goes into the pot.
- Enter the event. If you own a dirt bike, adventure bike, quad or side by side come and join the fun.
- Donate goods. We need all sorts, use the event as a promotions activity… sample products, auction goods, refreshments,
energy drinks, chocolates… we will distribute all of these goods among the riders.
- We host an auction with goods that are donated. Proceeds go directly to QASA.
Community projects: Every year we include the communities that we ride through.
- Soccer balls, tennis balls, netballs, the whole community can play. We target schools with our deliveries.
- Vegetable seeds. The event has started many vegetable gardens all along the trail. Cabbage, Spinach, tomatoes, carrots,
beet, mealies… all put to very good use. Once again, we target schools as recipients.
- Stationary. Pens, pencils, erasers, exercise books… the rural areas we travel through are in desperate need for all of these
items. We will deliver to the schools.
- Wheelchairs. We have donated 30 wheelchairs into the communities, in addition to the chairs and goods donated to QASA
that they in turn distribute.
Marketing Opportunities: This event attracts a great selection of riders, most in the high income bracket.
Feel free to come and brand the start at Carnival City in JHB and at the finish point at the rugby club in Richards Bay.
Each entrant gets an event tee shirt.
- Make a donation of 5k directly to QASA and your company’s logo goes on the back.
- 10K gets your logo’s on the sleeves – only 2 spots are available.
- 4 spots are up for grabs on front at R15000 each.
In addition to this, we’ll give you free branding in Dirt And Trail Magazine, South Africa’s leading off-road publication. This
includes all smaller donations made. We are talking to all sorts of media houses along the way.
Guys get involved. It’s a great event and a great cause to support. For any additional info, please get in touch.